Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jesus lives in my heart!


In the last few weeks we have been talking with Blaire about God's forgiveness of our sins and His love for us. While I find these conversations with her tremendously important(which they are), Blaire does not always find them particularly interesting. After all this is not a concept that she can see nor touch but is demonstrated through our love for her as parents. However, I continue to talk to her anyway and hope and pray that it begins to sink in, which I believe that it will. She is after all not even 3 yet.

Along with that, during our trip to Montana, we talked about that Aunt Jenna, Uncle Pobzeb, Papa and Grandma Jill live in Montana(which is also confusing because our dog is named Montana) and that we live in Kansas. As a result, she is particularly interested in where people live and so on. So during our trip I asked her where Jesus lived just to hear her response. Blaire responded, "in Kansas!". Well this is true. Jesus does live in Kansas and I affirmed to her that she was right. However, last night I asked her the same question, "Blaire, where does Jesus live?" and Blaire responded, "in our hearts!".

The Lord has impressed on me just how moldable our children's hearts are. I know that Blaire still has a lot to sort out in her understanding of the Gospel but I trust that God is working in her life at the young age of 2 years 11 months and 13 days. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment