Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baking Cookies!

I am not a baker. I love to cook but do not enjoy baking much. However, as a mother I do feel it is my duty to bake cookies and/or bread with my children occasionally. There is much to learn from cooking or baking and the time spent with your children can be priceless. So a few weeks ago I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. Here is the recipe:

1 cup of Peanut Butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg

Mix ingredients together. Roll into tablespoon sized ball and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cooking sheet and press(with a fork). Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.

Anyway, when I found this recipe I thought it would be great to do with Blaire. It is so simple and requires few ingredients which is what I hate about baking(so many things to find and measure). So this afternoon Blaire and I made cookies and what a good time we had.

We mixed all the ingredients together and watched the mixer do its job(quite a thrilling activity for an almost 3 year old). Then we made our little balls and Blaire rolled them around in the sugar and we pressed the fork into each of them. We baked them up and they were so good! We had a great time together and Blaire was such a good little helper.



2 comments:

  1. That recipe has to have some flour in it doesn't it? Oh how much fun you are having Erin, you are a great mom, wow we are moms, that is crazy!

    ReplyDelete