Thursday, September 1, 2011

Preschool!


On Tuesday we took Blaire to meet her teacher and get "orientated". I was really excited all day long and was looking forward to Blaire meeting her teacher. But, as we parked the car and got Blaire out and started walking into the school I got cold feet. Not Blaire, ME. I wanted to put her back in the car, take her home and refuse to let her grow up.

I was a little surprised at my reaction. I did not figure I would be fighting back tears BEFORE preschool even started, but yes I was that mom. Baire has been going to day-care her whole life but something about the word school makes it seem so real that my "baby" is growing up and is quickly approaching kindergarten.

All that said, I am thrilled for her, and look forward to all the experiences this year will bring. She was thrilled to meet her teacher and gave her a hug when we left. I am sure she will do great and I will soon get more comfortable with the idea of "school".

No comments:

Post a Comment