Sunday, March 27, 2011

Date Night!


As any mom or dad knows time alone is priceless and sometimes hard to come by. We have been fortunate to have two girls that like to sleep at night, so we usually have an hour or two in the evening together, but even so an actual date happens rarely. Partly because I want to be with my girls, but also logistically it is difficult to get away.

After a particularly stressful week at work, I really wanted to go on a date with my man! As it turned out poor Grandma Wagner was feeling under the weather and our back up list is small because usually Grandma and Grandpa are available! But we were determined to have a date.

We both got dressed up and then we put the girls to bed at their normal time. Stuart headed for Applebees for Curbside To-Go! I set the table and even got down our glasses that we toasted with at our wedding. Then, I sat and anxiously anticipated the arrival of my date! I seriously had butterflies in my stomach!



When Stuart arrived he informed me he had also stopped off for some desert. And so our date began. We had an enjoyable kid free evening with great conversation. And, I am reminded of what a wonderful husband that God gave me!

1 comment: