Monday, December 27, 2010

"Nutcracker"


Better late than never, but, as I mentioned before Blaire started taking ballet. It took her a bit to adjust to the whole idea of going to a class and following directions. She has had to learn to pay attention. While it seems that she isn't learning anything during the class, she comes home and shows us all of her new moves. The first part of the year her class was preparing for the Nutcracker Ballet. Her class was to be the "Teeny Tiny Fairies".

So we went each week and they learned their dance. Of course the average age of the girls in this class is 4 so you can imagine some of the interpretation taken by each girl. But, by the night of the performance the girls new most of the steps. So all that was left was hair, makeup, a teeny tiny fairy costume and wait to see what they do onstage.

Well, my little Blaire has a bit of a shy side(not a trait she gets from me) and so as I expected she stood onstage with her fingers in her mouth. But, there were no tears and she even thought about doing some of the steps to her dance. Her dad and I were so proud and made sure to present her with flowers as is tradition. We are looking forward to the spring recital!

Note: We are going through a bit of a "I don't want my picture taken stage" so this is the best I could get!

No comments:

Post a Comment